“Be the change you want to see in the world”
This quote gets thrown around, but how often do we stop to analyze it?
What is the change that I want to see?
1. I want all PTs to have easier access to research.
2. I want the public to be more aware of the difference between good PT and bad PT services.
3. I want the public to know that a. PTs exist b. how PT is covered by insurance related to out of pocket costs c. and how PTs can help with physical issues.
4. I want PTs and students to be humbled and ask for help when needed and offer help when able.
Hello 2018, I got some lofty wants.
How have I started to accomplish these goals
1. Writing a blog and putting out videos describing the research that I am reading on a daily basis.
2. Giving community lectures educating the public regarding what to expect from a physical therapist. Educating the public on the core values and how some practices may demonstrate the practices. Unfortunately, I also highlight how some may not practice according to our profession’s core values.
I also started posting reviews of some of the neighboring clinics on social media when these clinics aren’t practicing in an ethical fashion.
3. Again, the blog and community lectures serve to educate the public of our existence and during these lectures I typically explain Medicare Part B regulations and coverages so that the potential patient can feel more comfortable about their responsibility financially.
4. To help others in areas of my strengths I do one-one conversations on FB, via telephone and in person. I readily ask for help when I am stuck and believe that I have a team of Avengers that I can reach out to at all times of the day.
How will you be the change in 2018?
Functional Therapy and Rehabilitation
903 N 129th Infantry Drive